Serving San Diego County
Carmel Valley - Del Mar - Fallbrook - Solana Beach - Cardiff-by-the-Sea - Encinitas - San Marcos Rancho Santa Fe - Leucadia - La Costa - La Jolla - Carlsbad - Oceanside - San Diego - Vista
If you have an Oriental rug, Persian rug, or other area rug in San Diego that has been stained by food, sauce, juice, coffee, red wine, or other substances, then trust Oriental Rug Specialists to safely and effectively remove them. We have over 86 years of experience cleaning Oriental rugs, and know how to customize our rug cleaning methods for nearly every type of rug, including antique, semi-antique, and new rugs.
To clean your area rug, we will carefully assess the unique composition of your rug, paying attention to its age, fiber and dye types, and specific stain issues. We will then apply our family's long-established hand washing technique which includes pre-cleaning, submersion baths, hand washing, rinsing, and drying. For tougher stains, such as berries and red wine, we will also apply non-corrosive cleansers, which feature much lower pH levels than store-bought rug cleansers. Our rug cleaning process is 100% safe and very effective at removing food/wine stains from area rugs made from natural or synthetic fibers.
To learn more and schedule a free rug cleaning consultation and estimate at your Vista, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach, or other San Diego location, call us today. We promise you will be completely satisfied with our beverage and food stain removal services or we'll refund your money.
Oriental Rugs Specialist's Rug Cleaning Process:
- Free Consultation: We begin with a free consultation at your San Diego County home or business at a time that's convenient for you. During the consultation, we will accurately assess your rug's fibers and dyes, evaluate its condition, and check for stains, holes, and other damage before providing you with an upfront price quote.
- Rug Pick Up: Upon your approval of the estimate, we can proceed with handling all of the logistics related to your rug cleaning, from unhooking suspended rugs to moving furniture. We offer free pick-up and delivery, and can lift and transport rugs that weigh up to 400 lbs. To ensure that your rug is clearly identifiable and kept safe, we tag it in front of you before taking it back to our warehouse for cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Our pre-cleaning process, also referred to as "dry particulate soil evacuation," relies on compressed air to remove loose grit, dirt, dust, and sand from your rug in a safe manner.
- Decontamination Bath: While paying close attention to your rug's age, condition, and usage, we will apply a non-corrosive decontamination treatment to neutralize odors and/or contamination (i.e., moth infestations, smoke, pet urine, mildew, mold, etc.).
- Hand Cleaning: Your rug will then be hand cleaned while submerged in a warm water basin. By using compressed air, we provide additional agitation in the form of a "Jacuzzi bath."
- Repeat Rinsing: Next, your rug will be rinsed of all soils and cleaning agents repeatedly until the rinse water is able to remain clean and clear.
- Controlled Drying: Your Oriental rug or other area rug will then be safely and thoroughly dried by use of a state-of-the-art, controlled-atmosphere drying room.
- Final Detailing: After a final inspection, your rug will receive additional spot treatments to remove any remaining foreign matter.
- Rug Repairs & Restoration (available for an additional fee): Once clean, we will repair and restore your rug in a manner similar to how it was originally made. Click here to learn more about our area rug repair and restoration services.
- Preventative Rug Care (available for an additional fee): To save our customers money over the long run, we offer curling prevention, double wrapping, moth proofing, preventative ULTI-MAT underlayments, rubber stripping, rug softening, and other preventative rug care. Call to learn more.
- Delivery: When your rug is ready, we will return it to its original position in your San Diego home or business. We can also return your furniture to its original position and/or hang your rug.