Serving San Diego County
Carmel Valley - Del Mar - Fallbrook - Solana Beach - Cardiff-by-the-Sea - Encinitas - San Marcos Rancho Santa Fe - Leucadia - La Costa - La Jolla - Carlsbad - Oceanside - San Diego - Vista
Oriental Rugs Specialist is San Diego County's best source for Oriental rug cleaning services. With over 86 years of experience, we are experts at removing dust, dirt, wine stains, food stains, pet stains, ink stains, oil stains, pet urine, mold, mildew, cigarette odors, insect infestations, and many other contaminants. Every time we clean a rug or tapestry, we take special precautions to protect its dyes and fibers and take preventative measures to protect the rug from future damage. Additionally, we tailor our approach for each job and never use corrosive chemicals, abrasive scrubbing machines, or rudimentary automated systems. Rather, we rely on our family's time-tested hand washing techniques that have been passed down for two generations. Our very thorough dirt removal, submerging, washing, rinsing, detailing, and drying methods can be trusted to safely and effectively clean and sanitize all types of fine area rugs, carpets, and tapestries, whether they are antique, semi-antique, or new.
Generally, Oriental rugs should be professionally hand-cleaned every two to three years. This depends largely on the type of rug and the level of foot traffic it is exposed to. By following this rule of thumb, San Diego residents can protect their rugs' value and guard them against long-term erosion as pet urine, harsh chemicals, and other harmful substances can lead to mildew, mold growth, discoloration, long-lasting odors, and other damage. Moreover, regular professional rug cleaning promotes a healthier indoor environment as Oriental rugs tend to absorb pollutants and allergens. Given the importance of regular rug cleaning and maintenance, we do our best to make our process as stress-free as possible. We offer free on-site consultations, accurate and upfront price quotes, and quick turnaround times. Moreover, our convenient pickup and delivery service is provided at no additional charge and can include moving and replacing furniture or wall-mounted Oriental rugs.
Call today to learn more about our Oriental rug/area rug cleaning, repair, and restoration services in San Diego. We offer competitive rates and back all of our rug cleaning services with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Oriental Rugs Specialist's Rug Cleaning Process:
- Free Consultation: We begin with a free consultation at your San Diego County home or business at a time that's convenient for you. During the consultation, we will accurately assess your rug's fibers and dyes, evaluate its condition, and check for stains, holes, and other damage before providing you with an upfront price quote.
- Rug Pick Up: Upon your approval of the estimate, we can proceed with handling all of the logistics related to your rug cleaning, from unhooking suspended rugs to moving furniture. We offer free pick-up and delivery, and can lift and transport rugs that weigh up to 400 lbs. To ensure that your rug is clearly identifiable and kept safe, we tag it in front of you before taking it back to our warehouse for cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Our pre-cleaning process, also referred to as "dry particulate soil evacuation," relies on compressed air to remove loose grit, dirt, dust, and sand from your rug in a safe manner.
- Decontamination Bath: While paying close attention to your rug's age, condition, and usage, we will apply a non-corrosive decontamination treatment to neutralize odors and/or contamination (i.e., moth infestations, smoke, pet urine, mildew, mold, etc.).
- Hand Cleaning: Your rug will then be hand cleaned while submerged in a warm water basin. By using compressed air, we provide additional agitation in the form of a "Jacuzzi bath."
- Repeat Rinsing: Next, your rug will be rinsed of all soils and cleaning agents repeatedly until the rinse water is able to remain clean and clear.
- Controlled Drying: Your Oriental rug or other area rug will then be safely and thoroughly dried by use of a state-of-the-art, controlled-atmosphere drying room.
- Final Detailing: After a final inspection, your rug will receive additional spot treatments to remove any remaining foreign matter.
- Rug Repairs & Restoration (available for an additional fee): Once clean, we will repair and restore your rug in a manner similar to how it was originally made. Click here to learn more about our area rug repair and restoration services.
- Preventative Rug Care (available for an additional fee): To save our customers money over the long run, we offer curling prevention, double wrapping, moth proofing, preventative ULTI-MAT underlayments, rubber stripping, rug softening, and other preventative rug care. Call to learn more.
- Delivery: When your rug is ready, we will return it to its original position in your San Diego home or business. We can also return your furniture to its original position and/or hang your rug.