Serving San Diego County
Carmel Valley - Del Mar - Fallbrook - Solana Beach - Cardiff-by-the-Sea - Encinitas - San Marcos - Rancho Santa Fe Leucadia - La Costa - La Jolla - Carlsbad - Oceanside - Point Loma - Coronado Island - San Diego - Vista - Chula Vista
Whether you want to remove the smell of cigarette smoke from an Oriental rug or own an area rug that was damaged in a fire, we can help. We serve residents throughout San Diego County, from Oceanside to Chula Vista, and are experts at restoring, maintaining, and cleaning fine area rugs. Over the last 86 years, we've cleaned thousands of rugs, including Oriental rugs, Chinese rugs, Persian rugs, Turkish rugs, Tribal rugs, Bokhara rugs, Kilim rugs, Pakistani rugs, Navajo rugs, and more, successfully removing the smell of smoke from fires, cigarettes, or cigars. We also offer hole repair, refringing, and more to correct more extensive fire damage.
At Oriental Rugs Specialist, we stand behind all of our rug repair, cleaning, and smoke odor removal services with a 100% money-back guarantee. That's because we are completely confident in our family's long-established hand-washing technique for cleaning area rugs. Before we begin, we inspect and assess each rug to determine the best way to handle and clean it. Then, we submerge each rug in a decontamination bath that's specially designed to protect the rug's fibers and dyes; use non-corrosive treatments; and wash and rinse the rug using gentle agitation methods. Finally, the rug is dried in a temperature-controlled room and given final spot treatments or repairs as needed.
Call today for a free estimate. With our level of skill, reasonable rates, and free pick-up and delivery service, we offer San Diego's best value in smoke odor removal and cleaning services for Oriental rugs.
Oriental Rugs Specialist's Rug Cleaning Process:
- Free Consultation: We begin with a free consultation at your San Diego County home or business at a time that's convenient for you. During the consultation, we will accurately assess your rug's fibers and dyes, evaluate its condition, and check for stains, holes, and other damage before providing you with an upfront price quote.
- Rug Pick Up: Upon your approval of the estimate, we can proceed with handling all of the logistics related to your rug cleaning, from unhooking suspended rugs to moving furniture. We offer free pick-up and delivery, and can lift and transport rugs that weigh up to 400 lbs. To ensure that your rug is clearly identifiable and kept safe, we tag it in front of you before taking it back to our warehouse for cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Our pre-cleaning process, also referred to as "dry particulate soil evacuation," relies on compressed air to remove loose grit, dirt, dust, and sand from your rug in a safe manner.
- Decontamination Bath: While paying close attention to your rug's age, condition, and usage, we will apply a non-corrosive decontamination treatment to neutralize odors and/or contamination (i.e., moth infestations, smoke, pet urine, mildew, mold, etc.).
- Hand Cleaning: Your rug will then be hand cleaned while submerged in a warm water basin. By using compressed air, we provide additional agitation in the form of a "Jacuzzi bath."
- Repeat Rinsing: Next, your rug will be rinsed of all soils and cleaning agents repeatedly until the rinse water is able to remain clean and clear.
- Controlled Drying: Your Oriental rug or other area rug will then be safely and thoroughly dried by use of a state-of-the-art, controlled-atmosphere drying room.
- Final Detailing: After a final inspection, your rug will receive additional spot treatments to remove any remaining foreign matter.
- Rug Repairs & Restoration (available for an additional fee): Once clean, we will repair and restore your rug in a manner similar to how it was originally made. Click here to learn more about our area rug repair and restoration services.
- Preventative Rug Care (available for an additional fee): To save our customers money over the long run, we offer curling prevention, double wrapping, moth proofing, preventative ULTI-MAT underlayments, rubber stripping, rug softening, and other preventative rug care. Call to learn more.
- Delivery: When your rug is ready, we will return it to its original position in your San Diego home or business. We can also return your furniture to its original position and/or hang your rug.
2 Generations of Experience
- 100% Guarantee Expert Hand Wash
- Professional Fringing
- Master Weaver, Repairs & Restoration
- Pet Stain Removal
- Food/Wine Stain Removal
- Pet Urine Removal
- Mold Treatment
- Smoke Odor Removal