Serving San Diego County
Carmel Valley - Del Mar - Fallbrook - Solana Beach - Cardiff-by-the-Sea - Encinitas - San Marcos Rancho Santa Fe - Leucadia - La Costa - La Jolla - Carlsbad - Oceanside - San Diego - Vista
Due to the highly acidic nature of pet urine, it's important to hire a professional rug cleaning company to handle its removal. If left untreated, pet urine can lead to mold growth, mildew, color fading, and long-lasting odors.
With more than eight decades of rug cleaning experience, Oriental Rugs Specialist has the expertise to remove pet urine from new, semi-antique, and antique area rugs, whether they they are made from wool, qum, silk, cotton, or synthetic fibers. We clean every rug by hand and use a 100% safe and effective pet urine removal technique. With every job, we take the time to customize our approach to the unique composition and needs of the rugs we work on. For example, if a rug presents with a particularly strong pet urine odor, we will neutralize the smell by submerging it in a gentle bath composed of non-corrosive vinegar and low pH hydrogen peroxide.
Call today for a free estimate on pet urine removal and cleaning for all types of area rugs, including Oriental rugs, domestic carpets, tribal rugs, and designer tapestries. With our level of skill, reasonable rates, and free pickup and delivery, we offer San Diego's best value in rug cleaning services.
Oriental Rugs Specialist's Rug Cleaning Process:
- Free Consultation: We begin with a free consultation at your San Diego County home or business at a time that's convenient for you. During the consultation, we will accurately assess your rug's fibers and dyes, evaluate its condition, and check for stains, holes, and other damage before providing you with an upfront price quote.
- Rug Pick Up: Upon your approval of the estimate, we can proceed with handling all of the logistics related to your rug cleaning, from unhooking suspended rugs to moving furniture. We offer free pick-up and delivery, and can lift and transport rugs that weigh up to 400 lbs. To ensure that your rug is clearly identifiable and kept safe, we tag it in front of you before taking it back to our warehouse for cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Our pre-cleaning process, also referred to as "dry particulate soil evacuation," relies on compressed air to remove loose grit, dirt, dust, and sand from your rug in a safe manner.
- Decontamination Bath: While paying close attention to your rug's age, condition, and usage, we will apply a non-corrosive decontamination treatment to neutralize odors and/or contamination (i.e., moth infestations, smoke, pet urine, mildew, mold, etc.).
- Hand Cleaning: Your rug will then be hand cleaned while submerged in a warm water basin. By using compressed air, we provide additional agitation in the form of a "Jacuzzi bath."
- Repeat Rinsing: Next, your rug will be rinsed of all soils and cleaning agents repeatedly until the rinse water is able to remain clean and clear.
- Controlled Drying: Your Oriental rug or other area rug will then be safely and thoroughly dried by use of a state-of-the-art, controlled-atmosphere drying room.
- Final Detailing: After a final inspection, your rug will receive additional spot treatments to remove any remaining foreign matter.
- Rug Repairs & Restoration (available for an additional fee): Once clean, we will repair and restore your rug in a manner similar to how it was originally made. Click here to learn more about our area rug repair and restoration services.
- Preventative Rug Care (available for an additional fee): To save our customers money over the long run, we offer curling prevention, double wrapping, moth proofing, preventative ULTI-MAT underlayments, rubber stripping, rug softening, and other preventative rug care. Call to learn more.
- Delivery: When your rug is ready, we will return it to its original position in your San Diego home or business. We can also return your furniture to its original position and/or hang your rug.
2 Generations of Experience
- 100% Guarantee Expert Hand Wash
- Professional Fringing
- Master Weaver, Repairs & Restoration
- Pet Stain Removal
- Food/Wine Stain Removal
- Pet Urine Removal
- Mold Treatment
- Smoke Odor Removal